Each cover is custom made to fit your specific Bible or book.
Please allow 3 to 4 business days for shipping from time of order.
First class package shipping is included in the cost of this item.
Pricing is for Bibles or books 9 1/2 tall x 7 wide x 1/12 thick, for larger sizes please contact me for a quote.
- Each cover is hand cut and hand sewn using a saddle stitch and a heavy braided nylon thread.
- In this leather I can engrave names or initials on the inside flap or on the outside lower right of the outside of the cover.
- Long names may not fit on the inside flap becaause of limited size.
- This cover type features a fold over flap .
- The fold over can be secured with a tie string, tuck catch, or a snap. Love the look of the tie string, but the string can be a pain to deal with when your Bible is open. Tuck catch is high quality so its heavier than the cheap ones. Snaps are light and easy but only come in a few colors.
Distressed leather will show scratches and wear as lighter marks on the leather, and will lighten when pulled or folded. They can then be rubbed with your thumb and the marks darken back up. This is the most popular type leather for this project. In the oil tanned leather the Frontier is smoother, with very little grain, the Water Buffalo has less oils and the colors and grain size vary throughout the hides. The oil finish hides are 5 to 6 oz ( thickness), the wax finish are 4 oz, both are heavier than the upholstery leather hides.
In order to make this I need the measurements of the front cover ( top to bottom, left to right, and spine thickness). Please measure to the closest 1/16 th inch. Or e mail pictures with a ruler placed on the Bible.
If you want initials or name , what initials or name.
Please note that this is a slip cover - it is not and will not be a repair for a damaged spine or torn front covers!
Distressed Leather fold over Bible Covers
Because of the custom nature of this product no returns or refunds will be offered.
Please see the video or care page on distressed leather.